Message me on my message wall with any questions or concerns :)
I usually log on once a day, so I'll be able to reply pretty quickly.
- Manga (Current)
- Anime (Complete)
- Season 2 (Complete)
- Meteor Garden (Semi-complete)
- Hana Yori Dango (Semi-complete)
- Boys Over Flowers (Halted)
- Hana Nochi Hare (Complete)
- Meteor Garden 2018 (Halted)
- F4 Thailand (Current)
- I founded this wiki on October 6, 2012. Back then I was creating wikis left and right. I remember being surprised that no one had started one for this series yet. I didn't actually start contributing consistently until August 2015. Since then I've taken a few breaks from the wiki, but I always come back cause I love this series and editing this wiki.
- I first discovered Hana Yori Dango around 2007 when I watched the anime for the first time. The anime naturally lead me to the Japanese drama, which I completely fell in love with. Later, I began reading the manga online and watched the first sixteen episodes of the Korean drama (though I can't remember why I stopped, I probably thought it was too long). I didn't finish the manga until I found the volumes at my local library (around 2012?). A few years later, I re-read the manga and remembered this wiki. A musical version of Hanadan had just been announced and Season 2 was about five chapters out. I started contributing like crazy, while gradually collecting all of the volumes of the manga.
- In 2017 after a long break from the wiki, I finally watched Meteor Garden (2001) for the first time. I love it and it rekindled my passion for this wiki. Then 2018 happened which was such a good year for Hanadan! I absolutely loved the Hana Nochi Hare drama and the Meteor Garden remake. Now in 2021, I'm looking forward to the Thai version! I keep coming back to this wiki since there is always something new for Hanadan. I'm now crossing my fingers for a second season of Hanahare.
Here is my collection of various Hanadan things, which I've accumulated since 2015:
- All thirty-six volumes and Jewelry Box (Viz edition) - super hard to collect nowadays, because they're all out of print. Though you can get the eBook versions I prefer the actual book.
- All twenty volumes of the Perfect edition - a long-awaited birthday present (seriously, the shipping took forever). Wanted these for the beautiful color illustrations, of course. I also have five extra volumes I don't know what to do with.
- Anime Album and Illustrations - purchased around the same time. Price was okay but worth it cause they're a little hard to find. I recommend Illustrations if you can't read Japanese, Anime Album focuses more on information (though it's not complete since it was published before the anime was over).
- Final Photo Book - I love this photo book! Mostly because I love Final and now I can look at pictures from it whenever I want.
- Hana Yori Dango FF - great color illustrations and lots of information on the manga. I use this book a lot to check the Japanese spellings of characters and such.
- Hana Yori Dango 37.5, a promotional booklet that I was happy to snatch up.
- Hana Yori Dango Final DVD - released by Discotek Media (wish they would release the TV series' too). Worth buying because of bonus features and director's cut. Recommend for any die-hard fans.
- Meteor Garden and Meteor Garden II DVD - from Malaysia, the English subtitles are pretty good, despite a few typos and the characters names are spelled weird. I bought this specifically for the wiki, so I would an idea of where the episodes are suppose to end (note: there a lot of cuts for MG).
- Anime box-set - I was so excited when I pre-ordered it version in October 2016. The dub is the same as the Viz version (but I don't watch the dub), plus the anime movie is included with subtitles only.
- Meteor Rain DVD - released by YA Entertainment for the US. It's out of print now, but I bought it used and got a decent price for it. For some reason, they changed the character names to the manga names (e.g. calling Dao Ming Si "Tsukasa") which is weird.
- Hana Yori Dango and Returns DVD - the original Japanese boxsets. I really like these since they have a lot of bonus features and I lucked out with the price. I also own a bootleg Taiwan or Hong Kong(?) version of this drama.
- Boys Over Flowers DVD - YA Entertainment version which I specifically bought for the bonus features. I luckily got a good price for both sets.
- Hana Yori Dango blu-ray - bought this cause this was the only way I was going to see it. I've seen about half of it and it's sooo good. Definitely recommend if you can afford it (p.s. no subtitles).
- Meteor Garden VCD - if you don't know what a VCD is look it up. Anyways, I bought this to double-check the Malaysian DVDs are the same, which they are.
- Hana Yori Dango - my first Asian drama
Strength: It has the best cast in my opinion. They all have great chemistry, especially Jun and Mao.
Weakness: The manga is too long, making a lot of the events in the drama squashed together and out-of-order. Returns kind of makes up for this though.
- Meteor Garden
Strength: Follows the manga so well! I'll admit I'm a stickler for following the
bookmanga. Excepting a few arcs, Meteor Garden nearly covers the whole manga (well, up to 2001).
Weakness: Production values. Since its budget was small, it comes off as more dated than the other series (though I guess they will all be dated someday).
- Meteor Garden (2018)
Strength: Money $$ This version had such a huge budget, allowing for an overall great look of the series. (Also, it follows the manga! and has Dee Hsu!!)
Weakness: Acting and product placements. The actors were all newcomers (which is also nice since they are close in age to the original characters), so their acting wasn't always on point. And the ads were funny though more often distracting.
- Boys Over Flowers (haven't seen all of it yet)
Strength: Like Meteor Garden (2018), this series had a great budget. It definitely had the best production values of a Hanadan production at the time.
Weakness: Wooden acting and badly planned scenes often lead to unintentionally comical moments.
Hello, my name is Macy and I've been contributing to wikis since 2012. I founded quite a few wikis back then, so if you're interested in becoming an admin on one just ask. The wikis I've listed below are ones I either edit frequently or check on often.