Working for Kaede
Nishida traveled to Japan with his boss for the birthday of her son, Tsukasa. An incident occurred which required Nishida to do research on Tsukushi Makino, whom was involved with Tsukasa. He reported his findings to Kaede within a few hours. She then declared that she must put her plan into action. He asked her if she meant the plan for after Tsukasa's graduation. She told him "I won't allow [the Domyoji fortune] to be destroyed by Tsukasa's whims." Nishida later told a coworker that Kaede frightened due to the way she manipulated her children for business. In the morning, he accompanied Kaede to Tsukushi's house. She attempted to pay off her family but Tsukushi's mother rejected the offer. The next night, Nishida delivered a letter to Tsukushi from Kaede. He then escorted her to The Maple Hotel.
A few days later, Nishida reported to Kaede that Tsukasa and his arranged fiancée Shigeru Okawahara were meeting two to three times a week. When she asked about Tsukushi, he revealed that Shigeru was regularly meeting her. After the engagement was broken, Nishida likely followed Kaede to London for her business trip. He returned with her several days later. When she came home, she discovered that Tsukasa was involved with Tsukushi again. She had Nishida gather information on Tsukushi's friends, Yuki Matsuoka and Kazuya Aoike. It was used to hurt Tsukushi by putting her friends in dire financial straits. Nishida arranged it all in three hours. The same day, Nishida watched Tsukushi approach the house and announced it to Kaede. She asked him to leave the room while she spoke to Tsukushi.
Kaede wanted a contingency plan to keep Tsukasa and Tsukushi apart. Nishida was ordered by her to offer a deal to Amon Kunisawa, who looked strikingly similar to Tsukasa. He accepted the offer. Sometime later, Amon called Nishida to tell him that he and Tsukushi were a couple. He also reiterated that he did not want any money. A few days later, Nishida gave Kaede a report he received from the Domyojis' secret police whom were tasked with watching Tsukasa and Tsukushi.
Nishida was unassuming man with no particularly distinguishable features. He had had short black hair, which he slicked back with some sort of hair product. Nishida was never seen not wearing a suit, which was likely his uniform.
Personality and traits
He was a loyal employee to Kaede, always following her orders perfectly. However, he displayed some hesitancy at the orders regarding her children. Nishida was frightened by the way Kaede seemed to treat her children as "more assets." Nevertheless, he followed through with the orders without saying a word to her.
Behind the scenes
- See also: Category:Nishida portrayals
- Nishida is voiced by Hitoshi Honma in the Boys Over Flowers anime (1997). He makes his first appearance in the episode, "Lovers on the Run!?" His portrayal and physical appearance are close to the original. Except, this Nishida shows no sympathy towards Tsukasa and does not make the comment about being afraid of Kaede. He shows an unflinching loyalty towards his boss, making regular reports on her son's activities as well as Tsukushi's. Nishida, in fact, seems to agree with Kaede's actions in "Our New Relationship."
- In Meteor Garden (2001), he is renamed Yu Tian and portrayed by Peng Wei Hua. He is similar to his manga counterpart in that he is loyal to Dao Ming Feng (Kaede) and rarely shows any qualms about her actions towards Dao Ming Si (Tsukasa) and Dong Shan Cai (Tsukushi).
- David Ito portrays Nishida in Hana Yori Dango (2005), Hana Yori Dango Returns (2007), and Hana Yori Dango Final (2008). He is Kaede's secretary and does whatever she asks of him. Nishida confesses to Tsukasa that she frightens him sometimes and he admires Tsukushi for standing up to her. In the second season, Nishida voices his support for Tsukasa and Tsukushi several times, leading to his dismissal from the company. Tsukasa later makes Nishida his own private secretary.
- Ito reprises his role in two episodes of the 2018 drama, Hana Nochi Hare.
- He is played by Jung Ho-bin and renamed Jung Sang-rok in Boys Over Flowers (2009).
- Chinese actor Wang Yi Bo portrays Nishida, renamed Xi Tian, in Meteor Garden (2018).
|Boys Over Flowers|