After exchanging pager numbers with Yuki, Nakatsuka went out on a date with her. He walked her home and kissed her. They began dating and spent a lot of time together Their dates consisted of going to the skate park or studying at the library. One day, Yuki asked Nakatsuka on a double date with her friend Tsukushi Makino and her boyfriend Tsukasa Domyoji. At the start of the date, Nakatsuka made several rude remarks to Tsukasa. He acted as if he was joking all the while. They then went to an amusement park, where they decided to split up and meet later. Nakatsuka ran into some girls he knew and made plans for that night. He asked Tsukasa if he wanted to go along with him and even said "There are lots of girls prettier than yours." Tsukasa punched him just as Tsukushi and Yuki walked up.
After being punched by Tsukasa, Nakatsuka stormed off. He claimed that he only "put [his] hand on [Tsukasa's] shoulder." Nakatsuka stopped contacting Yuki and later went on a date with Mika. He described Yuki to her as "boring." When Mika saw Yuki watching, she asked "Who's that?" He claimed not to know her. Tsukushi confronted Nakatsuka and punched him in face. That night, he went to a club with Mika. She dumped him when Sojiro Nishikado showed interest in her. Angry, Nakatsuka told her that he would "go back to [his] old girlfriend." Then Sojiro grabbed Yuki from a corner, shocking Nakatsuka. When Sojiro asked if she knew him, she said that she did not. Sojiro threatened Nakatsuka with physical violence if he ever made Yuki cry again. Tsukasa then knocked him out with a sleeper hold.
Nakatsuka's most noticeable physical trait was his long hair, which Yuki initially did not "care for." She also described him as looking like a "street kid kind of guy." A typical outfit for Nakatsuka consisted of baggy pants, simple shirt that he usually layered with a jacket or hooded sweatshirt, and finally a pair of sneakers.
Personality and traits
On first impression, Yuki thought he "seemed like the playboy type." Yuki's intuition was right, but Nakatsuka managed to fool her into thinking he was actually a "down-to-earth" person. Sojiro described Nakatsuka as the type of guy who thought of himself as "God's gift to women." On top of being a playboy, he was shown to a generally rude and inconsiderate person. For example, Nakatsuka made several comments about Tsukasa's physical appearance and his upbringing in an attempt to make a fool of him. Later, he stopped contacting Yuki and essentially broke up with her without the decency to do it in person.
Behind the scenes
- Nakatsuka is first mentioned in chapter one hundred and twenty, before appearing in one hundred and twenty-four.
- See also: Category:Nakatsuka portrayals
- Li Jie Sheng plays a version of Nakatsuka, renamed Zhong Ze, in Meteor Garden (2001). Zhong Ze meets Xiao You (Yuki) at school and later goes on a double date with her, Shan Cai (Tsukushi) and Si (Tsukasa). Afterwards, he cheats on her with Mei Jia (Mika) and Xi Men (Sojiro) helps Xiao You get revenge on him.
- Shugo Oshinari portrays Nakatsuka in the sixth and seventh episodes of Hana Yori Dango. Unlike the manga, Nakatsuka asked Yuki out on the street, instead of meeting her in school.
- In Boys Over Flowers (2009), Nakatsuka is played by Lee Jung-joon and renamed Gong Su-pyo.
- He is renamed Zhang Zi Qi in Meteor Garden (2018) and Zhang Ceng Ceng portrays him.
|Boys Over Flowers|