Maki Mochida (
Mochida was born on January 11, 1975 in Funabashi, Chiba, Japan. She graduated from Chiba Prefectural Funabashi High School. Maki Mochida was scouted by a talent agent in high school.
She began appeared in various television programs in the early 1990s, including Kou Kou Kyoushi (1993), Seishun no Kage (1994), Kimi wa Toki no Kanata e (1995). Mochida also released two albums in 1995 as well as being a part of the female idol group, Sakurakko Club. In 1996, Mochida voiced Tsukushi Makino in Boys Over Flowers and appeared in the stage production of Kiki's Delivery Service as Kiki.
In September 2012, Mochida announced on her official website that she had married a man outside show business the month prior. The couple first met two years earlier. She announced her first pregnancy in March 2013, and gave birth to a daughter on July 15. Mochida had a second daughter on September 16, 2016.
|1996||Boys Over Flowers||Tsukushi Makino|
|1997||Hana Yori Dango: The Movie|
|1993||Kou Kou Kyoushi||Naoko Aizawa|
|1994||Otosan wa Shinpaisho||Noriko Sasaki|
|Seishun no Kage||Mai Amano|
|Yagami-kun no Katei no Jijo||Ikari Masayuki|
|1995||Kimi wa Toki no Kanata e||Kaoru Hojo|
|Naked Banana||first series|
|1998||Seikimatsu no Uta||Mutsumi Kageyama|
|2003||Okami ni Narimasu!||Sae Kinoshita|
|2005||Mito Komon||Various||3 episodes|
|2008||Daisuki! Itsutsugo||Mariko Kono|
|2010||Akakabu Kenji Kyoto-hen||Yukiko Fujikawa||episode 2|
- Mochida was a fan of the manga series prior to becoming the voice of Tsukushi.
- She shares her birthday with costar Naoki Miyashita, though she is three years younger.
- Author Yoko Kamio was very happy about meeting her and also described her as "cute."
- In 1996, she participated with Kamio, Miyashita, Koji Yamamoto, and Tomohiko Kikuta in an audience preview of the Boys Over Flowers anime.
- Kamio gave copies of volume fourteen to the voice actors and staff when she visited the studio in October 1996. Mochida flipped through it and mistook a then new character, Junpei, for Rui.
- Mochida had lunch with Kamio, Miyashita, and Yamamoto in early 1997. Kamio enjoyed seeing them interact since it was like "watching Tsukushi, Tsukasa, and Rui." She went on to describe Mochida as "perfect for the part," liking her "very frank, strong, positive" personality.
- In episode ten of the anime, Mochida is mentioned as one of the celebrities at Shizuka's party.
- Mochida, Miyashita, and Yamamoto gave an interview together for the 2006 anime DVD release.