|This article is about 2019 musical. For other uses, see Hana Yori Dango.|
Hana Yori Dango (
The musical is comprised of two acts, lasting a total of two hours and thirty minutes. On June 29, 2019, a live broadcast of the musical was shown in theaters around Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. The same broadcast of Hana Yori Dango was released on blu-ray on September 28.
Cast and characters
Teen of Japan participants
- Original work: Boys Over Flowers by Yoko Kamio
- Script / Director: Kosaku Noguchi
- Composition / Songs: Tomoko Aoki, Masahiro Hasegawa, Makoto Miyazaki
- Conductor / Music performance: Makoto Miyazaki
- Choreography: Rino Masaki, Satoshi Mitsui, Oguri, Akihiko Nagano
- Fight choreography: Kazuto Seike
|Akasaka ACT Theater (Tokyo, Japan)|
ProductionOn January 11, 2019, a musical staged by the Takarazuka Revue's Flower Troupe (
A production presentation was held on May 10, 2019 in Tokyo. Yuzuka, Shiroki, Yunami, Seino, and Kinami performed a song dressed as their respective characters. Boys Over Flowers creator Yoko Kamio also attended.
A live broadcast of the June 29 showing was streamed across theaters in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Hana Yori Dango was broadcast on the cable channel, Takarazuka Sky Stage, in March 2020.
PromotionOn May 25, 2019, a television special promoting the musical was shown on BS-TBS. The program featured a variety of behind-the-scenes footage, including rehearsal scenes and interviews with the director and stars. The next day, a special hour-long program featuring Yuzuka, Shiroki, and Noguchi was broadcast on TBS Radio. It was hosted by announcer Reina Minagawa (
The cast was interviewed for the June 2019 issue of Margaret; the magazine originally serialized the manga. Also in June, the main cast, Kurisu Oto, and Ririka Kaga were featured on Takarazuka Cafe Break.
Hana Yori Dango was released on blu-ray by Takarazuka Creative Arts (TCA) on September 28, 2019. The performance featured was the June 29 showing and it runs for 172 minutes.
|September 28, 2019||
MerchandiseIn April 2019, a card of Hana Yori Dango's poster was published. A performance program, still photos, as well as a postcard of Yuzuka and Shiroki, were released to coincide with the premiere of the musical. Several stills of the actual performances were released following the musical's conclusion. Some of the items are still available for purchase at Quatre Rêves Online.
All lyrics by Kosaku Noguchi and composition by Tomoko Aoki unless noted.
- "Hana Yori Dango—Boys Over Flowers—"
Composition: Masahiro Hasegawa
- "Good Morning Eitoku Academy"
- "School Rulers—F4" (
- "We Love F4"
- "Luxury Lunch Time—Elegant Lunch" (
LUXURY LUNCH TIME 優雅な昼食)
- "Declaration of War" (
- "Kick Out—Banished" (
- "Flowers—Love's Flower—" (
- "A Walking Brand Man and a No Brand Woman" (
- "Party Night"
- "Straight Man" (
- "Flower Land" (
- "Rumors" (
- "Dangerous Night"
Composition: Masahiro Hasegawa
- "Elegy of Beautiful Things" (
- "Beach Summer Paradise"
Compostion: Makoto Miyazaki
- "Duel" (
- "TOJ (Teen of Japan) 2019"
- "Jingle Bells"
Composition: James Pierpont / Japanese Lyrics: Shoji Miyazawa
- "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town"
Lyrics: Haven Gillespie / Composition: J. Fred Coots / Japanese Lyrics: Takao Kanbe
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
Lyrics / Composition: Thomas Patrick Connor / Japanese Lyrics: Kenji Sazanami
- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"
Lyrics: Sammy Cahn / Composition: Jule Styne
- "White Christmas"
Lyrics / Composition: Irving Berlin
|Boys Over Flowers Wiki has a collection of images on this topic. (view gallery)|
- The musical takes inspiration from the 2005 Japanese drama version, of which writer and director Kosaku Noguchi is a fan of.
- To celebrate the musical, the first fifty chapters of Boys Over Flowers were available to read for free on Shonen Jump+. One chapter was released per day until July 2, 2019.
- Creator Yoko Kamio went to see the first performance of the musical on June 15, 2019. She later went to see it again with her mother.
- Saki Seto, who played Yuriko Asai in Hana Yori Dango (2005), saw the musical on June 18, 2019.
|Boys Over Flowers musicals|