|Not to be confused with Chapter 87 of Boys Over Flowers.|
- Amei: "There's something I wanted to ask you. I want to know the truth. Why did you stop replying to my emails, once we entered middle school?"
- Haruto: "Huh? No, you were the one who stopped writing."
- — Amei asks her long-awaited question
Chapter 87 (
Haruto Kaguragi and Oto Edogawa set up a double date with Airi Maya and Kaito Taira. Amei Hanawa accosts Oto, knowing she will let her tag along. When she gets a moment alone with Haruto, Amei asks him why he stopped messaging her.
Thirty minutes earlier, Amei Hanawa meets Oto Edogawa outside her job. Amei mentions the double date, which she calls "just hanging out." She then asks if she can tag along. Present time, Haruto Kaguragi tells her to go home, saying "Don't make it seem like you just tagged along." Airi Maya comes her defense, but Amei agrees to go when Haruto becomes mad. As she walks away, Oto says "It's okay" and asks Airi and Kaito Taira, whom agree. She calls Amei's name and she excitedly runs back to the group.
Haruto still appears irritated by Amei "pushing her way in like that." Noticing that Oto is cold, he holds her hand in his coat pocket. A few minutes later, Haruto asks if the park has a "tavern" like in Central Park. Oto looks at him quizzically and points out a nearby hot dog stand. The others being "rich kids" have never had a hot dog. Amei is shocked that Oto "is from a regular household." After trying the hot dogs, the four are pleasantly surprised by the taste. Amei even exclaims "Eating this makes me glad to be alive!"
The group decides to go out on the park's pond. As all five cannot fit in one boat, they play rock-paper-scissors to decide. Oto, Airi, and Kaito draw rock, placing them in the same boat. Airi apologizes to Oto and admits that it is "hard to be firm with Amei" since they have "always treated her special." Amei, meanwhile, apologizes to Haruto for tagging along. She then asks why he stopped replying to her texts. He informs her that he continued messaging her for six months after she left. Amei cries, saying "I thought you had forgotten me." At the same time, Airi tells Oto that Amei was not expected to live to be sixteen.
- Airi Maya
- Amei Hanawa
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Issa Narumiya (Flashback only)
- Kaito Taira
- Oto Edogawa
- Sugimaru Eibi (Flashback only)
- Tenma Hase (Flashback only)
- Chapter 87 was the first published after Viz launched its subscription service in late December 2018. Boys Over Flowers Season 2 was also given a new look with this chapter.
- A few corrections were made to Viz's volume version, for example "Can I come along too?" to "So, can I come along?"
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 86||Chapter 88|