|Not to be confused with Chapter 86 of Boys Over Flowers.|
- "Maybe it was my fault for not saying no even though I wanted to. But there are some people who won't take no for an answer regardless. This feels like when you start buttoning the wrong hole on your shirt and then all the rest of the buttons also end up being off."
- —Oto Edogawa
Chapter 86 (
Haruto Kaguragi's childhood friend, Amei Hanawa, returns from Kyushu. Oto Edogawa is taken aback by her upbeat personality. That weekend, Amei tags along on Oto's and Haruto's double date with Airi Maya and Kaito Taira.
Oto Edogawa stares at Amei Hanawa, who claims to be Haruto Kaguragi's "first crush." Haruto and Airi Maya are equally shocked by the outspoken Amei. She notices Oto and recognizes her as the girl who gave her directions. Haruto, stepping protectively in front of her, introduces Oto and tells Amei that they are dating. Amei is shocked at first, exclaiming "What about me, Haruto?" She appears to get over it quickly and introduces herself to Oto. After Airi reveals that Amei was in Kyushu, Haruto grabs Oto and says a hurried goodbye.
Oto realizes the writing she saw at Airi's vacation house was actually Amei's. She asks if he pretended not to remember because she was his first crush. Haruto denies it and says "There was no point telling you at the time, because it doesn't matter!" Oto giggles at him being flustered. She then asks why Amei was in Kyushu. He informs her that she was there recuperating. Meanwhile, Amei is talking to Airi about Haruto. Airi tells her that he is "head over heels in love." Amei asks Airi if she has a boyfriend and she reveals her upcoming double date.
Later at work, Oto thinks about Amei, whom makes her feel "uneasy" due to her "bubbly and upbeat" personality. Out loud, she calls herself "gloomy" which Arisa Konno overhears. She tells Oto that "Bubbly or gloomy has nothing to do with it." Feeling encouraged, she heads to the double date. At a park, Haruto and Kaito Taira are waiting for the girls to arrive. Haruto advises him to "talk about things different from the norm" with Airi. When she shows up, he asks if she has heard from Tenma Hase. She becomes increasingly irritated as he talks. Haruto tells him to talk as he "normally would." Oto finally arrives with Amei as well.
- Airi Maya
- Amei Hanawa
- Amei Hanawa's mother (First mentioned)
- Arisa Konno
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Issa Narumiya (Mentioned)
- Kaito Taira
- Oto Edogawa
- Sugimaru Eibi (Mentioned)
- Tenma Hase (Mentioned)
- This was the last chapter before Viz launched its subscription service in late December 2018. Boys Over Flowers Season 2 was subsequently given a new look and individual chapters were no longer available on Amazon and Comixology.
- Minor changes were made from the original release, including "I was there" to "That was me."
- As noted by Kaito, this chapter takes place in mid-November.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 85||Chapter 87|