|Not to be confused with Chapter 72 of Boys Over Flowers.|
Chapter 72 (
Haruto Kaguragi is finally able to return home, where he learns that his father set up Kei Windsor as another "test". Oto Edogawa realizes that she has to settle things with Tenma Hase and Airi Maya, before proceeding forward with Haruto.
At Kaguragi Enterprises' office, an employee reveals to Kei Windsor that the chairman knew about his grudge. He had a thorough background done on Kei and was "impressed that [he] used it as motivation to better [him]self." Kei questions why he was hired if he knew this. Meanwhile, Oto Edogawa and Haruto Kaguragi leave Akira Mimasaka's house. Haruto drops off Oto at her house. Before leaving, they exchange phone numbers. He then asks her to call him by his given name, but she is too embarrassed.
Oto greets her mother, who informs her that Tenma Hase's father wishes to speak to them soon about ending the engagement. She also mentions that Airi Maya called. Oto thinks to herself, "Nothing's really been settled." At Haruto's house, the servants welcome him back enthusiastically. Kei then enters the room, having packed his belongings. Haruto asks whether he did all this for "revenge". Kei explains that he wanted to take everything for him, only realizing later that "[Haruto] didn't have anything."
In a flashback, Kei speaks to Haruto's over video chat. He reveals to Kei he "was impressed by [his] ability" and therefore used him to "test" Haruto. Back to the present, Kei is disappointed having been he "bested" by Haruto's father. Before leaving the house, he voices his sympathy to Haruto and asks him to tell Oto sorry. At work, Oto receives a text from Haruto about Kei. She feels better knowing "[Kei] was laughing at the end." A teary-eyed Airi then enters the store.
- Airi Maya
- Akira Mimasaka
- Arisa Konno
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Haruto Kaguragi's father (Flashback only)
- Kazuma Hase (Flashback only)
- Kei Windsor
- Mirei Hase (Mentioned)
- Oto Edogawa
- Sojiro Nishikado
- Tenma Hase (Flashback only)
- Tsukasa Domyoji (Mentioned)
- Yukie Edogawa
- In Viz's volume edition, a few sentences were altered, such as "It's easy to boast all you want" to "It's easy to boast."
- Akira says "those two [remind] me of the past" with Sojiro replying "Those were some annoying times", a reference to Tsukasa's and Tsukushi's relationship in Boys Over Flowers.
- Haruto uses a picture of Tsukasa as his avatar on his phone chat app.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 71||Chapter 73|