|Not to be confused with Chapter 63 of Boys Over Flowers.|
- "Oto lost everything when her father's company went bankrupt. If it had been me, I would've just died. I told her that once. But she just smiled and said "Airi, it's all in the way you look at it. I just pretend that I didn't have anything to begin with. I'm healthy and I get to go to school, and I got to meet you, Airi. So I'm happy.""
- —Airi marvels at Oto's way of thinking
Chapter 63 (
Haruto Kaguragi leaves Oto Edogawa's home when Airi Maya returns to Japan. She later confides in Haruto about her crush on Tenma Hase. The next day, Oto's attitude about Kei Windsor starts to shift as he continues helping out at her job.
After walking in on Oto Edogawa and Haruto Kaguragi, Airi Maya asks whether they were "doing it." Oto immediately answers that she had accidentally slipped and landed on top of him. Airi then asks why Haruto is at Oto's apartment in the first place. Oto interrupts his explanation to ask Airi why she was crying. Seeing her concern, Airi hugs Oto and tells her she just missed them. A few minutes later, Haruto decides to stay at Airi's home. Oto's mother returns home shortly after they leave.
At Airi's home, she insists that Haruto sleeps in her bed. He complains but goes along with it. Airi confides to him that she has been feeling "jealous" of Oto lately. Haruto realizes that Airi has fallen for Tenma Hase, which she confirms. He comforts her once she starts crying, though he believes her crush to be a lost cause. She asks Haruto "what attracted [him] to Oto." His answer reminds her of something Oto once said regarding her father's bankruptcy. Airi said she "would [have] just died", but Oto had a more positive outlook. Haruto then tells her to "close her eyes" and she falls asleep.
The following morning, Oto arrives at work. Her manager is busy doing inventory per Kei Windsor's instructions. Oto is irritated to see him there again. She informs him that Haruto left her house so he no longer needs to come to the store. He seems inclined to keep helping out. Kei then tells her a bit about his background, including his mother dying when he was seven, being in foster care, and going to college early. Like Oto, Kei has a positive take on his sad circumstances. Oto recalls what she told Airi, describing it as "a piece of a puzzle falling into place."
- Airi Maya
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Kei Windsor
- Makoto Edogawa (Mentioned)
- Oto Edogawa
- Tenma Hase (Flashback only)
- Yukie Edogawa
- Small changes were made to the translation, such as changing "My teeth must have bumped into his lip" to "My teeth must have hit his lip."
- This chapter takes place exactly on August 5 (Haruto's birthday) and 6.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 62||Chapter 64|