|Not to be confused with Chapter 60 of Boys Over Flowers.|
- Haruto: "I've been tested since I was a kid. I was left in the mountains, and was supposed to make it home by myself. I had no food or water for two days and got lost. In the end, a search chopper found me."
- Oto: "Two days? And your father? Did he regret doing it?"
- Haruto: "Of course not. His only words were, "You failed." And then, on to the next test."
- — Haruto describes one of his father's "tests"
The sixtieth chapter (
Oto Edogawa lets Haruto Kaguragi stay at her home, after his father disowns him. Haruto realizes this is another "test", which his father has constantly given him since his childhood. He decides to focus his efforts on getting rid of Kei Windsor.
As a child, Kobayashi brings Haruto Kaguragi to the edge of a forest. He is tasked with finding his own way home, which is another of his father's "tests". Present day, Haruto tells Oto Edogawa he has been "kicked out" and had to sleep at the train station the previous day. Upon entering Oto's house, she finds a note from her mother who is away with coworkers. Oto becomes nervous about being alone with Haruto. This is exasperated when he takes his shirt off and asks to use her bath. Seeing her flustered, he says "I don't feel that way about you at all."
After getting out of the bath, Oto lends Haruto a pair of her father's pajamas. He then explains the whole situation to Oto, including being replaced with Kei Windsor. Haruto mentions another time he was "tested" as a kid, when he was left without food and water for two days in the mountains. He then remarks that his father seems "serious this time." Stopping his walk down memory lane, Haruto thanks Oto for letting him stay there and promises to leave when the others return from Hawaii.
A thin door between them, the two prepare to go to sleep in separate rooms. Oto breaks the silence first. He then starts talking about his feelings surrounding that day on the bridge and how he "blocked out the part of [him] that liked [Oto]." She tells him that she sent a note with a taxi driver that day. Haruto considers opening the door to "take her in [his] arms," but punches it instead. The next morning, Oto arrives at work. Kei is waiting for her there and criticizes her for letting Haruto stay at her house. He then asks her to take him to Haruto.
- Airi Maya (Mentioned)
- Arisa Konno (Mentioned)
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Haruto Kaguragi's father (Mentioned)
- Kaito Taira (Mentioned)
- Kei Windsor
- Kobayashi (Flashback only)
- Oto Edogawa
- Makoto Edogawa (Mentioned)
- Tenma Hase (Mentioned)
- Yukie Edogawa (Flashback only)
- A few corrections were made from the original release to the volume version, for example changing "Just hurry and let me in" to "Just let me in already."
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 59||Chapter 61|