|Not to be confused with Chapter 51 of Boys Over Flowers.|
- "I hate rain. It's my mortal enemy. My name "Haruto" uses the kanji character for "sunny weather." So it makes sense that I'm not my best on rainy days. Why did it have to rain today of all days?"
- —Haruto Kaguragi
Chapter 51 (
Tenma Hase has no feeling in his right arm. The doctors report that it will require extensive care, though there is still hope for a recovery. Meanwhile, Haruto Kaguragi continues to wait for Oto Edogawa, until his friends find him in the morning.
A doctor speaks to Tenma Hase's father and stepmother, who have just arrived at the hospital. He explains Tenma's injury and informs them that "there [is] hope for a full recovery." Oto Edogawa feels responsible for the accident and apologizes to his parents. His stepmother also places the blame on Oto, saying "if he was [not] dating her, this never would have happened!" Tenma's father asks Oto to leave so he can calm his wife down.
Oto questions "why did it have to be Tenma?" as she enters his room. A nurse asks her to "keep an eye on him" as he is moving too much when he should be resting. He asks her if his parents said anything to her, to which she lies. Noticing her reaction, Tenma mentions that it made him happy when she called him "stupid". He then says "no matter what anyone says, it [is] not your fault, Oto." She, however, wonders why it did not happen to her, though she does not voice this to Tenma
At Shijo Ohashi Brige, Haruto Kaguragi believes that he has been rejected by Oto. He has waited a whole day for her in the pouring rain. Kaito Taira, Sugimaru Eibi, and Issa Narumiya then arrive to take him back to Tokyo. Crying, Haruto says "rain does [not] bring out the best in me." Two days later, Oto passes by the bridge on her way to the hotel. Oto reflexively looks for Haruto. She starts to cry and states to herself, "there [is] no way I can ever go to you now."
- Airi Maya (Flashback only)
- Haruto Kaguragi
- Issa Narumiya
- Kaito Taira
- Kazuma Hase (Debut)
- Mirei Hase (Debut)
- Miyoko Hase (Mentioned)
- Oto Edogawa
- Sugimaru Eibi
- Tenma Hase
- Yukie Edogawa (Mentioned)
- A few minor words were changed for the volume edition, including "but there's still hope" to "but there's still hope for a full recovery."
- When Haruto says he hates the rain, Issa replies "what are you, Anpanman?" He is a Japanese children's superhero, whose weakness is water.
|Boys Over Flowers Season 2|
|Chapter 50||Chapter 52|