Chapter 172 (
Tsukushi Makino meets Amon Kunisawa, who reveals they are being followed by the Domyoji Secret Police. Later, she is invited to Akira Mimasaka's house, where she finds herself locked in a room with Tsukasa Domyoji.
Tsukushi Makino meets Amon Kunisawa at a café. When she burns her finger, Amon holds her hand and brings it to his lips. She protests, but he shushes her. Amon then points out two people, whom are members of the Domyoji Secret Police. He reveals that they called them the previous night to ask when he was seeing Tsukushi next, which is the reason he asked to meet up. Tsukushi is taken aback and goes silent. Amon, noticing her mood, reminds her "You chose this path. You have no choice but to push on."
An exhausted Tsukushi is joined by Rui Hanazawa at the emergency exit. He suddenly asks "Did something happen between you and Tsukasa?" She quickly denies it. Eventually, he asks if she wants to go to Akira Mimasaka's house after school. There she meets Akira's clingy twin sisters and mother whom Tsukushi mistakes to be his older sister. Curious, she asks Sojiro Nishikado if he has siblings. He reveals that he has two brothers. She reflects "How strange. I knew nothing about these two."
Sojiro and Akira walk Tsukushi to the Mimasakas' summerhouse under the guise of showing her a black rose. As soon as she steps inside, the guys shut and lock the door. Laughing, they say "There's a black rose there, isn't there?" and assure her that they will come back in the morning. Tsukushi turns around to find Tsukasa tied up. After untying him, she realizes that they are stuck together for the night. Nervous, she tells him "I'm not ready for this." First kissing her head, Tsukasa says "It's that look on your face that excites me" as he moves to her lips.
- Akira Mimasaka
- Akira Mimasaka's father (Mentioned)
- Akira Mimasaka's mother (Debut)
- Amon Kunisawa
- Chieko Makino
- Emu and Memu Mimasaka (Debut)
- Rui Hanazawa
- Sojiro Nishikado
- Sojiro Nishikado's brother (First mentioned)
- Shoichiro Nishikado (First mentioned)
- Tsukasa Domyoji
- Tsukushi Makino
- The chapter was originally published in Margaret with a two-page color spread of Tsukushi and the F4. It reprinted in the fifteenth volume of the complete edition.
- Classic novels Don Quixote and Anne of Green Gables are referenced.
- In Chapter 70 of Boys Over Flowers Season 2, Sojiro and Akira talk about locking Tsukushi and Tsukasa in the guest house before doing the same thing to Oto Edogawa and Haruto Kaguragi.
- Akira and Sojiro jokingly call Tsukasa a black rose in this chapter. In the teaser for F4 Thailand, flower symbolism is used for the F4, with Thyme (Tsukasa) being compared to a black rose.
|Boys Over Flowers|
|Chapter 171||Chapter 173|