- "I feel like Rip Van Winkle when he awoke. After all that's happened since last night, nothing can surprise me. If I think about it, life should be easier since I don't have to support my family. I'll be free of a life with no privacy in that tiny, old apartment where four of us lived elbow-to-elbow like refugees. This could be good, couldn't it?"
- —Tsukushi Makino
Chapter 112 (
Tsukushi Makino departs Shigeru Okawahara's villa with Rui Hanazawa. Back home, her mother reveals that they are moving to a fishing village. They are leaving Tsukushi behind so she can continue attending school.
Rui Hanazawa wakes up briefly, before going right back to sleep. Meanwhile, Tsukushi Makino watches some koi fish swim. She was unable to sleep due to the image of Shigeru Okawahara on top of Tsukasa Domyoji being stuck in her head. Tsukasa happens to walk up at that time. He sits next to her and says a few words. A nervous Tsukushi takes note of how uncomfortable she is around Tsukasa compared to how she is around Rui. She goes back inside the house, while he decides to head home.
Later, Tsukushi informs Shigeru that she is going home. Shigeru tells her that she is planning on staying at the villa. Tsukushi then mentions seeing Tsukasa and him leaving. Shigeru lies by insinuating that they sleep together the previous night. Embarrassed, Tsukushi quickly leaves, not seeing Shigeru's tears. In the car, Tsukushi tells Rui "It's awful isn't it, seeing someone having sex." He responds "The fact that it was Tsukasa is what bugs you." She denies this, saying she would be bothered no matter who it was.
When Tsukushi arrives home, she finds her family packing. Her mother confesses "We've finally reached the end of our rope" and reveals that a friend of her father's has offered him a job in a fishing village. Tsukushi's father is excited about the opportunity. Tsukushi is taken aback that they are "leaving [her] behind" so she can still go to school. However, after thinking about it a bit, Tsukushi decides to consider it a new start. Suddenly, she remembers Tsukasa and Shigeru which she then pushes out of her mind.
- Chieko Makino
- Haruo Makino
- Rui Hanazawa
- Shigeru Okawahara
- Susumu Makino
- Tsukasa Domyoji
- Tsukushi Makino
- The chapter was released with a color image of Tsukushi wearing an orange shirt and a cross necklace. It was also included in the tenth volume of the complete edition.
- Tsukushi catches her family packing in much the same way in chapter one hundred and seventy-eight.
- Mio Imada from Hana Nochi Hare was born the same day that this chapter was published.
- Episodes 44 and 45 of Boys over Flowers (anime)
- Episode 11 of Meteor Garden
- Episode 4 of Hana Yori Dango Returns
|Boys Over Flowers|
|Chapter 111||Chapter 113|