- "Hello! Thank you for picking up volume 25! Margaret Comics was going to publish all of their cartoonists' aspirations for 2000, so I was asked to write a comment accompanied by an illustration. When I submitted this: "I will turn my room into one in which I'll know where everything is!" My editor said "Uh... You made the same comment last year." Have I been saying this every year?!"
- —Yoko Kamio, 2000
Boys over Flowers 25 (
Tsukushi Makino decides to start dating Amon Kunisawa in a bid to forget her feelings for Tsukasa Domyoji. Though she thinks the relationship will be platonic, Amon is under a different impression. Meanwhile, Tsukasa struggles internally until deciding to once again pursue Tsukushi.
- "Although Tsukushi Makino is from a poor family, she attends an elite school for the super rich, where her life has become intertwined with the "F4," the ruling boys of the school, in a whirlwind of love and confusion!
Tsukushi has an on-and-off romantic entanglement with a hothead named Tsukusa. Tsukasa has a sketchy relationship with his even more hotheaded mother named Kaede. Kaede has hired a near sociopath to woo Tsukushi and destroy her son's relationship with Tsukushi once and for all. Will Tsukushi fall for this?!"
- —Viz description
Tsukushi Makino is angry at Kiyonaga following his revelation. She has thawed by the time they reach the airport, where he reveals that Kaede Domyoji is overseas. He tells her that he does not think his feelings for her love, but believes that she will "have an easier life" with him. Tsukushi asks for his real name, which he reveals is Amon Kunisawa. Shigeru Okawahara, meanwhile, tries to comfort Tsukasa Domyoji. He is frustrated about Tsukushi leaving with Amon. Shigeru tells him that she had a "reason," leading him to snap about girls "giving evasive answers." At the same time, Amon promises Tsukushi that he will never lie again. He then says that her "memories [of Tsukasa] will fade" with time.
Shigeru suddenly hugs Tsukasa and just as quickly lets go. She makes up an excuse, before running off. Some distance away, Shigeru apologizes aloud to Tsukushi. Tsukushi thinks over Amon's words and finds some sense in them. She then happens to see Tsubaki Domyoji, whom takes her to purchase a dress and to dinner afterwards. She asks Tsukushi whether she is going to date "that boy," referring to Amon. Tsukushi apologizes for failing her, but Tsubaki insists "I will be satisfied as long as you are happy." After parting ways, Tsukushi chases after Tsubaki's car. She confesses that she loved Tsukasa, but she does not want to be forced to "say good-bye" again. That night, Tsukushi calls Amon.
Tsukushi tells Yuki Matsuoka that she is now dating Amon though she says their relationship is "platonic." When Yuki asks about Tsukasa, she lies by saying there was never anything between them. The next day after school, Amon asks Tsukushi to come over to his place. He has a cold so she makes him a meal and cleans up. Just before she leaves, he grabs her and carries her to his bed. Amon leans in to kiss her, but stops when he realizes she is thinking of Tsukasa. Shocked by his actions, Tsukushi quickly rushes home. Over at Rui Hanazawa's house, a frustrated Tsukasa finally comes to decision. The next morning, he meets Shigeru and tells her "Find yourself a nice guy." He reveals that he will pursue Tsukushi again.
Later, Tsukasa meets Amon at his job. He first asks "Are you in love with Tsukushi?," to which Amon chuckles at. Tsukasa then leaves after saying "She's mine." That night, Tsukushi is at work with Yuki when Amon walks in and apologizes. She appears to forgive him, though she tells him not to touch her again. Yuki becomes upset that Tsukushi has not confided in her about any of this. After spending the night at Yuki's, Tsukushi decides to skip school and wander around town. Tsukasa, meanwhile, has been searching a whole day for Tsukushi and contacts the police for help. Tsukushi meets up with Amon and they decide to go to an amusement park. At the bus stop, she looks up and finds Tsukasa standing in front of her.
- See also: Boys Over Flowers/Chapters
- Chapter 161: Amon Kunisawa reveals his real name to Tsukushi Makino. It was released in Margaret No.14 in June 1999.
- Chapter 162: The chapter was first published on July 5, 1999. Amon tries to convince Tsukushi to date him.
- Chapter 163: After talking to Tsubaki Domyoji, Tsukushi makes up her mind to date Amon. It was published in July 1999.
- Chapter 164: Yuki Matsuoka is wary of Tsukushi's new relationship. The chapter was released in Margaret in August 1999.
- Chapter 165: It was published on September 5, 1999. Amon forcibly kisses Tsukushi, leading her to rethink everything.
- Chapter 166: Tsukasa Domyoji decides to pursue Tsukushi again. It was released in Margaret on September 20, 1999.
- Chapter 167: released on October 5, 1999. Tsukushi gives Amon another chance just as Tsukasa ramps up his search.
- Side-columns: In the first column, Yoko Kamio talks about her resolution for the year only to discover it was the same as the previous year. She then details her cats' vet visits titled "Cat Crazy Diary" and falling asleep at the dentist. In the final column, she reveals that she will be visiting Taiwan for autograph sessions.
- See also: Foreign editions of Boys Over Flowers
- France: It was published as Hana Yori Dango Tome 25 on June 20, 2007 by Glénat.
- South Korea: The volume was published in Korean on July 31, 2000.
- Spain: On April 19, 2007, Planeta DeAgostini released it as No me lo digas con Flores 25.
- Taiwan: The volume was published by Tong Li Comics on May 25, 2000.
- Vietnam: Kim Dong published it in Vietnamese on July 27, 2020.
- The illustration for the cover was first published in Margaret No.5 of 2000 as the opening for chapter one hundred and seventy-three.
|Boys Over Flowers|
- Boys Over Flowers, Volume 25 on Viz
- Boys Over Flowers, Volume 25 on Amazon
- Boys Over Flowers, Volume 25 on Comixology
- Boys Over Flowers, Volume 25 on S-Manga (Japanese)
|Volume 24||Volume 26|